Huntingdonshire Parishes - Hemingford Abbots
HEMINGFORD (ABBOTS), a parish in the hundred of TOSELAND, county of HUNTINGDON, 2½ miles (W.) from St. Ives, containing 400 inhabitants. The living is a rectory, in the archdeaconry of Huntingdon, and diocese of Lincoln, rated in the king's books at £26.13.4. Lady Olivia Sparrow was patroness in 1811, The church is dedicated to St. Margaret. A school for the education of boys and girls is supported by the rector.
This extract is from "Samuel Lewis Topographical Gazeetter - 1831"
|Hemingford Abbots was originally in the Registration District of St Ives, which later became a sub-district of Huntingdon. From 1 April 1997, the parish is now in the Registration District of Huntingdon.|
First Appearance of Name:
|Hemingford - Charter - 973.|
Available Bookstall items:
Click here to return to previous page
Updated on: 30 May 2004
©2000-. Huntingdonshire Family History Society.