HFHS Logo

HUNTINGDONSHIRE
FAMILY HISTORY SOCIETY

Registered Charity Number 800335

Huntingdonshire Genealogy Links

Huntingdonshire Parishes - Haddon

 

Brief Description:

HADDON, a parish in the hundred of NORMAN-CROSS, county of HUNTINGDON, 3 miles (N.W. by N.) from Stilton, containing 112 inhabitants. The living is a rectory, in the archdeaconry of Huntingdon, and diocese of Lincoln, rated in the king’s books at £11.5. The Earl of Aboyne was patron in 1819, The church is dedicated to St. Mary.

This extract is from "Samuel Lewis Topographical Gazeetter - 1831"
Hundred:
NORMAN CROSS
Registration District:

Haddon was originally in the Peterborough Registration District of Northamptonshire from 1st July 1837. Subsequently it was transferred to the Stilton sub-District of Huntingdonshire. It was later transferred back to the Peterborough District.

From 1st April 1998, marriage records were transferred to the Huntingdon Registry Office, but the births and burial records were retained by Peterborough.

First Appearance of Name:
Charter - 951.
Available Bookstall items:

1841 Census
1851 Census
1891 Census
Monumental Inscriptions

Links:

GENUKI Huntingdonshire - Haddon


Click here to return to previous page

Last Updated on: 23 December 2004
©2000-. Huntingdonshire Family History Society.