HFHS Logo

HUNTINGDONSHIRE
FAMILY HISTORY SOCIETY

Registered Charity Number 800335

Huntingdonshire Genealogy Links

Huntingdonshire Parishes - Great Paxton

 

Brief Description:

PAXTON (GREAT), a parish in the hundred of TOSELAND, county of HUNTINGDON, 3 miles (N.E. by N.) from St. Neotís, containing 250 inhabitants. The living is a vicarage, with the perpetual curacies of Little Paxton and Toseland, in the archdeaconry of Huntingdon, and diocese of Lincoln. rated in the kingís books at £16.2.11., and in the patronage of the Dean and Chapter of Lincoln. The church is dedicated to the Holy Trinity. The river Ouse bounds the parish on the west.

This extract is from "Samuel Lewis Topographical Gazeetter - 1831"
Hundred:
TOSELAND
Registration District:
Great Paxton was originally in the St. Neots Registration District from 1st July 1837, which later became a sub-District. From 1st April 1997, it is now directly under the Huntingdon District.

First Appearance of Name:
Paxton - Domesday Book - 1086.
Available Bookstall items:

1841 Census
1851 Census
1891 Census
Monumental Inscriptions

Links:

GENUKI Huntingdonshire - Great Paxton
Village web site for Great Paxton
Roll of Honour - Huntingdonshire War Memorials
GenWeb Huntingdonshire Holy Trinity Church


Click here to return to previous page

Last Updated on: 12 January 2002
©2000-. Huntingdonshire Family History Society.