Registered Charity Number 800335

Huntingdonshire Genealogy Links

Huntingdonshire Parishes - Alwalton


Brief Description:

ALWALTON, a parish in the hundred of NORMAN-CROSS county of HUNTINGDON, 5 miles (N. N. W.) from Stilton, containing 257 inhabitants. The living is a rectory, in the archdeaconry of Huntingdon, and diocese of Lincoln, rated in the king's books at £3. 5. 10., and in the patronage of the Dean and Chapter of Peterborough. The church, dedicated to St. Andrew, exhibits in the body of the building a singular combination of Norman and early English architecture, the ehaucel is chiefly in the decorated style, and there are some peculiarities in the windows, shafts, mouldings, and general details.

Registration District:

Alwalton was originally in the Peterbrough Registration District of Northamptonshire from 1st July 1837. Subsequently it was transferred to the Stilton sub-District of Huntingdonshire. It was later transferred back to the Peterborough District.

From 1st April 1998, marriage records were transferred to the Huntingdon Registry Office, but the births and burial records were retained by Peterborough.

First Appearance of Name:
Charter - 664.
Available Bookstall items:

1841 Census
1851 Census
1891 Census

GENUKI Huntingdonshire - Alwalton
Alwalton Manor AD 1279

Click here to return to previous page

Last Updated on: 29 November 2001
©2000-. Huntingdonshire Family History Society.